What is a wall hung split system?
Wall Hung Split System air conditioners are a simple and affordable way to air condition single rooms or smaller open spaces.
The major benefits of wall mounted air conditioners are:
- Cost: A wall hung split systems air conditioner is low cost to both buy and install.
- Flexibility: You can air condition one room at a time to suit your need and budget.
- Control: As each split system air conditioner is a completely separate unit you can set each room at a different temperature.
A split system air conditioning system consists of the following components:
- Outdoor unit – is located outside the home and can be installed on a concrete pad or mounted on an external wall or on the roof. Keep in mind that when you are running the air conditioning system on cooling mode that warm air will blow from the outdoor unit. An important consideration when choosing the right location. Your Access Air technician can advise you on the best location.
- Indoor unit – this unit is designed to be mounted high on an internal wall and consists of a variable speed fan and refrigeration coil.
- Condensate Drain – as the system operates the fan coil in the indoor unit generates condensation. A drain is required to remove this small collection of water to an external drain or gutter.
- Remote control – a wireless remote control is used to operate the system. Easy operation with large LCD panel gives you control to change temperature, fan speed and vane direction.